Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My Poetry (7/30/11)



My poetry
Is not dried ink
Unable to write beauty
Or broken lead
That will not scratch
Any louder
Under pressure.

My poetry is
Concentric circles,
Suspended in viny,l
Lying between space and time,
Spinning.

My poetry is not stolen
And uncopywritten,
Sampled and remixed
Until the flow
Feels like watered down campbell’s soup.

My poetry is
Dependent on the weathered vintage
Of my soulspeak
And not yours;
Sooo ready
‘til you can put away
You can opener,
b/c my poetry has
a pop-top.
It’s so fierce
‘til the stain remains
Long after Tide met Gain
And lost the match.

My poetry is not what
You are used to,
Not your favorite pair of shoes
Or the purse
That goes with everything.
My poetry
Resonates in your dreams
To the trickle of my voice
And you wonder how
You hadn’t heard me before
Or were you not listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment