Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Governed Accordingly 12/12

walk with Purpose.
I step like steele.
I walk with my head held high.
I definitely keep it real.
My life is an example,
A how- to book of sorts,
A road map of decisions
A journey of many choices.
I am no different than you.
I’m just up front,
On a podium, with a mic,
Doing what I want.
Success doesn’t come easy,
But it will happen to you.
Just as well as I am standing here,
I know it to be true.
I’ve looked for love,
Chased my loneliness,
And ended up alone.
I’ve lost my way,
Cried in my dreams,
And wandered far away from home.
I stand tall,
Because I’ve fallen when nobody was looking.
I smile wide,
Because I am more than a good cook.
I am a mother,
Walking beyond the shadow of tradition,
Refusing to let circumstances
Be the blanket to my condition.
I am not a bag lady,
Even though I love a great purse.
I am not carrying around unnecessary baggage,
Because I put God First.
This doesn’t mean I am a saint.
It means He’s in my every plan.
He forgave me, a long time ago.
I am free to live the life He gave to me.
So, now I say “Let’s go!”
Walk with me,
Hold you head to sky.
Walk with me,
It’s not the difficult when you keep trying.
Walk with me,
Through every trial and all that strife.
Walk with me,
Asking everyone what is your purpose in my life?
If all you hear is whispers,
keep it moving.
God’s got you back
And has given you a brand new groove.
If you hear them shouting,
Using words of love,
Know that these folks are God’s Angels
Sent from above.
Walk with me,
Walk Purposefully!
Walk with me!
Be Governed Accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment