Thursday, January 8, 2015

#18 04/13

#18 "In case you didn't know"
I sit,
somewhere between a chance meeting
and an almost a business associate,
with my legs crossed
pondering,
wondering
when moments became a lifetime movie
and my role was as flat
as the actress who plays me.
If I can be condensed,
stuffed into the suitcase
that can't hold anymore clothes,
then my milk is nothing more
than carnation,
labelled with indefinite shelf life,
in a Wal-Mart warehouse.

You can't just add me to your coffee,
your daily routine.
Even if you sip slowly,
I am still too hot for you to drink.
So, let the cup and it's contents cool,
flavors blending without a spoon,
 until your palate can injoy
the beauty of being enhanced,
rather than embellished.
So, I sit,
with my legs crossed,
pondering,
wondering
when moments became my lifetime movie
and hollywood found my life
interesting enough
to build me up through
the beauty of Kimberly Elise
and Jada Pinkett Smith,
because I was the last can of milk
anyone ever left on a shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment